Website Lifeworks, Inc
Job Title: Assistant Director (Day Habilitation Program)
Population: Intellectual and developmental disabilities adults with autism
Hours: Monday – Friday (8 am – 4 pm)
Hourly Pay Rate: $26.50
Yearly Salary: $55,120
Locations: Westwood, MA
Job ID#: 819
Who We Are?
Lifeworks has been a champion for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1954. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
If you want a position in which the work that you do every day makes a meaningful impact in the lives of many, then this is the agency for you!! As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives.
Advocacy – Empowerment – Opportunity
We focus on serving the community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We envision a community where people with disabilities are more broadly valued, hired by employers, receive support, and participate in ordinary activities.
Create and maintain a sense of community among persons served, family, staff, and co-workers. Focus on enhancing self-esteem and independence through opportunities for choice and decision-making. Maximize opportunities for community integration. Provide quality training and services that will increase the individuals’ self-sufficiency and independence. Serve as a role model for others through positive and respectful interactions with persons served. Complies with all principles of Human Rights, D.P.P.C., Department of Developmental Services, the Division of Medical Assistance, and all other applicable funding regulations as adhered to by Lifeworks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance as a member of the management team in long and short-term planning development, organization, and evaluation of the Day Habilitation program, and in the daily operation of the program, ensuring safety and maintenance in the program.
- Oversee and manage curriculum development and support Case Managers to assess and set goals and objectives, develop plans of action/teaching techniques for persons served in the group, and integrate the goals of each person’s service plans and transition plans into the group curriculum.
- Ensure compliance with all plans including Day Habilitation Service Plans (DSPs) and Individual Service Plans (ISPs), and that plans are being delivered consistently.
- Ensure the group room environment is conducive to maximum learning and independence. Ensure all materials are arranged consistently to allow persons served to access them as independently as possible. Participate in and enforce cleaning routines and report maintenance concerns.
- Responsible for the scheduling of staff in their assigned group rooms as well as working with the other Assistant Directors and Resource Manager in managing the staff schedule for the program. Provide assistance in your rooms to ensure a safe and supportive environment. Participate in the transfer of persons served as needed to meet their individual needs.
- Administer and interpret assessments to determine each individual’s skill level on a regular basis and as needed. Supervise the implementation of the DHSP and maintain individual confidential records. Assist in overseeing and ensuring all documentation is completed within timelines and meets Mass Health regulations.
- Assist Director of Day Hab and Associate Director with referrals and development of services within the Day Hab site.
- Assist with identifying community resources and planning and organizing community trips with individuals.
- Attend Program-wide Director meetings, case review meetings, supervision meetings, in-service training
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and/or Associate Director.
- Directly supervises Case Managers and Assistant Case Managers assigned to a team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job requirements include:
- A copy of a Covid-19 vaccination of two shots will be required
- New hires who have not received the booster shot, will agree to a targeted date for the booster shot, based on the date of their last vaccine.
- BA/BS in Human Services / related field
- Supervisory and Management experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Car/Valid driver’s license in State of residency.
- 403(B) matching up to 3%
- Excellent Salary
- $1,000 signing bonus, payable after 3 months
- Health Insurance with 3 plan choices and a 75% employer contribution. Benefits available upon hire
- Dental, Vision and Short-Term disability insurance is available
- 4.4 weeks of Paid Time Off in your first year of employment
- Long-Term Disability insurance & Life Insurance free for employees
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- 11 paid holidays
All CASE MANAGER candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background, and driving record check.
Please contact our recruiter for further information:
789 Clapboardtree Street
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com