Job Title: CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA) – Direct Care
Hours: Monday to Friday 6 am to 12 pm)
Pay Rate: $16.93
Locations: Canton, MA
Job ID#: 599
Who We Are?
Since 1965, Lifeworks Services Inc. has been a champion for inclusion. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives as an industry leader.
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to serve our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We envision a community where people with disabilities are more broadly valued, hired by employers, receiving support, and participating in ordinary activities.
SUMMARY: As a CNA at Lifeworks, you will be a direct support professional (DSP) supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a residential program. You will be working in a beautiful home in one of the suburban towns in the Canton, MA area and receive a signing bonus shortly after joining our team.
As a CNAhere at Lifeworks, you will provide direct care and recreational services to individuals while protecting and enhancing the rights of the individuals in the program. As a Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN), you will comply with all principles of Human Rights, Disabled Person Protection Commission, and Department of Developmental Services, and the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission regulations as adhered to by Lifeworks.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA) RESPONSIBILITIES:
- CNA’s provide assistance with personal care (direct care) including but not limited to; bathing, showering, toileting, dressing, grooming, and moving and transferring of individuals.
- CNA’s plan and supervise recreational activities in-house and in the community with individuals.
- Take and record vital signs and perform assigned physical therapy exercises.
- Assist with feeding and monitoring food and liquid input and output.
- Provide educational training, counseling, and physical assistance when necessary to achieve ISP goals.
- CNA’s observe patients, record significant conditions and reactions, and notify the Director, Nurse, or Physician of the patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Attend meetings, in-services, significant medical appointments, and case conferences as necessary.
Lifeworks provides a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package that includes:
- 75% paid health benefit (per a 40-hour position)
- Dental Plan by Delta Dental
- A Dollar for Dollar matching 403(b) retirement plan, up to 3% of your base pay
- A Company-paid LTD and life insurance package
- 4 weeks of earned time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) – Need to reduce your student loan debt? Lifeworks, Inc. is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, which means that you may be able to have a portion of your federal student loans forgiven after meeting certain eligibility requirements of the PSLF program.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and nursing assistant certification.
- Personal vehicle
- Valid driver’s license (in State of residency) required
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background, and driving record check.
Keywords: human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, community. mental health, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, ABI, care provider, caregiver, social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, DDS, direct care, home health aide, HHA, psychology, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, rehabilitative, outreach services.
Job Type: Full-time
For a full list of job opportunities or to learn more about Lifeworks, please visit www.lifeworksarc.org or contact our recruiter:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com