Job Title: Director of Development and Communications
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Experience: Minimum 5 years of direct experience in development and/or non-profit administration.
Pay Rate: Excellent Salary
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Location: Westwood MA
Job ID#: 801
Who We Are
Lifeworks has been a champion for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1954. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community. If you want a position in which the work that you do every day makes a meaningful impact in the lives of many, then this is the agency for you!!
As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives.
SUMMARY of Position:
If you are looking to utilize your experience in Development with non-profits or you believe that your career experience has the skills outlined in this exciting position, then the Director of Development and Communications for Lifeworks is an outstanding opportunity for a person with experience in fundraising and development. Working in a great suburban location, this position will be responsible for the oversight of all operations of the Development and Communications Department.
The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all Lifeworks Development and Communications operations. This includes all major donor asks, fundraising activities, special events, organizational communications, community outreach, and marketing/public relations activities. The Director will serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and report directly to the President/CEO.
Mission & Vision (Advocacy, Empowerment, and Opportunity)
Our mission is to serve our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We envision a community where people with disabilities are more broadly valued, hired by employers, receiving support, and participating in ordinary activities.
- Responsible for directing and managing all agency communications, marketing and outreach efforts.
- Responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive marketing and communications plan including the use of all electronic, print and social media vehicles of the agency.
- Coordinate the development activities of a comprehensive development plan, (annual and multi-year) that includes a communication component (key messaging) and timetable.
- Leadership and project management skills, including prioritizing and meeting deadlines. Collaboration skills to work with senior leadership, Board, and/or committee members. Organizational skills relevant to planning and implementing multiple tasks and activities. Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Will prepare an annual Development Plan, in conjunction with the CEO and Development Committee. The plan will focus on annual goals as well as long-term strategic goals ( 3-5 years).
- Plan and execute regular appeal campaigns per year (direct mail and electronic), including campaigns for the Annual Fund, Major Gifts, and Town Funding.
- Collaborate w/CEO, Board, Agency Leadership, Development Committee, Donors and Management Team on the cultivation and stewardship of major donors.
- Coordinate donor recognition activity throughout the agency. Will Build a culture of philanthropy and development throughout Lifeworks by educating board members, senior leadership, management, staff, families, and persons who served as ambassadors for the organization.
- Ability to work with staff teams to implement the grant, including working collaboratively with the Business Office on all recordkeeping and reporting responsibilities for grants…[BJC2].
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS required; Masters’s degree in non-profit management or related field preferred.
- 403(B) matching up to 3%
- Excellent Salary
- $1,000 signing bonus, payable after 3 months
- Health Insurance with 3 plan choices and a 75% employer contribution. Benefits available upon hire
- Dental, Vision, and Short-Term disability insurance is available
- 4.4 weeks of Paid Time Off in your first year of employment
- Long-Term Disability insurance & Life Insurance free for employees
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
Please feel free to contact our recruiter:
Dorothy Scott, MPA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com