Job Title: Director of Development
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Experience: Minimum 5 years of direct experience in development and/or non-profit administration.
Pay Rate: Salary
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Location: Westwood MA
Job ID#: 801
Who We Are
Since 1965, Lifeworks Services Inc. has been a champion for inclusion. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives.
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to serve our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We envision a community where people with disabilities are more broadly valued, hired by employers, receiving support, and participating in ordinary activities.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all Lifeworks Development and Communications operations. This includes all development operations, fundraising activities, special events, organizational communications, community outreach, and marketing/ public relations activities. The Director of Development will serve as a member of the Senior leadership team and work closely with all levels of staff, Development Committee and Board to ensure the delivery of the Development, Public Relations and Marketing support needed to meet Lifeworks mission and financial goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 403(B) matching up to 3%
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Coordinate the development activities of a comprehensive development plan, (annual and multi-year) that includes a communication component (key messaging) and timetable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to create, produce and manage organizational publications, manage social media sites and manage websites. Knowledge of using the web and social media for communications and fundraising purposes.
- Leadership and project management skills, including prioritizing and meeting deadlines. Collaboration skills to work with senior leadership, Board, and/or committee members. Organizational skills relevant to planning and implementing multiple tasks and activities. Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Managerial skills to facilitate, either directly or indirectly, productive interaction with other staff members required to support fundraising and communications activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate and educate supporters, recruit, manage, and partner with volunteers.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Knowledge of issues and systems related to individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge of PC and/or Mac computers and software including Adobe and MS Office; ability to learn new programs as needed. Ability to work with and manage a comprehensive donor software database and generate reports.
Development Planning/ Development Leadership:
- Will prepare an annual Development Plan, in conjunction with the CEO and Development Committee. The plan will focus on annual goals as well as long-term strategic goals ( 3-5 years)
- Responsible for planning, leadership, and management of Development Committee. Will work with CEO and Committee members to recruit members for the committee. Will serve on the Development Committee and all Event Committees. Ensure that agency leadership are trained to be agency ambassadors
Develop and manage the process for annual solicitations of donors:
- Plan and execute regular appeal campaigns per year (direct mail and electronic), including campaigns for the Annual Fund, Major Gifts and Town Funding.
- Establish and manage Development database, ensuring information is updated and donor confidentiality is maintained.
- Process and acknowledge all incoming donations. Oversee coordination of Development Database with Lifeworks Business Office, including CFO.
- Prepare comprehensive giving reports, appeal performance analyses, constituent and stewardship reports.
Identify, cultivate, steward, and broaden the base of individual donors:
- Collaborate w/CEO, Board, Agency Leadership, Development Committee, Donors and Management Team on the cultivation and stewardship of major donors.
- Responsible for the Education of the Board and Senior Management on successful strategies for effective development and impactful donor and community outreach
- Independently cultivate and steward relationships with corporate sponsors and individual donors
- Directly solicit leadership-level gifts.
- Coordinate donor recognition activity throughout the agency. Will Build a culture of philanthropy and development throughout Lifeworks by educating board members, senior leadership, management, staff, families, and persons served as ambassadors for the organization.
Direct the planning of all Lifeworks events, including Development Special Events, Donor Appreciation events, and special celebrations of the agency.
- Will lead and oversee all Agency events designed for development, fundraising, and events designed to enhance the mission of the agency.
- Will serve as co-chair of all committees. Responsible for planning and organizing a regular “gala” type of event on at least a Bi-Annual basis.
- Responsible for the development of all revenue strategies for each event, including sponsorships, marketing, the program, ticket sales, and other revenue strategies for each event.
Direct and Manage all Agency Communications, Marketing and Outreach Efforts:
- Responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive marketing and communications plan including the use of all electronic, print, and social media vehicles of the agency.
- Responsible for coordination with and utilization of the agency’s communications and media consultant. Will serve as a contact with all media to generate positive publicity for the agency[BJC1].
- Develop a media plan to have targeted media outreach and regular press releases designed to increase brand and mission awareness of the Agency. Coordinate staff awareness of the development plan.
Direct and Manage all grant research and submissions for the agency.
- Pursue and write grant proposals. Oversee all grant administration upon award.
- Ability to work with staff teams to implement the grant, including working collaboratively with the Business Office on all recordkeeping and reporting responsibilities for grants…[BJC2]
Coordinate the request and reporting for all Town funding:
- Send request letters within established time frames. Provide regular reports to town officials as requested.
- Coordinate and participate in presentations to appropriate town boards and officials.
- Provide communication and contacts with all local town officials as needed. Work with Lifeworks Business Office on necessary billing and reports for each town.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS required; Masters’s degree in non-profit management or related field preferred.
Please feel free to contact our recruiter:
Dorothy Scott, MPA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com