Job Title: Home Health Aide (HHA)
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Work Schedule: Wed-Sat; 7 am – 3 pm
Pay Rate: Hourly
Location: Westwood MA
Job ID#: 728
Who We Are
Since 1965, Lifeworks Services Inc. has been a champion for inclusion. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives as an industry leader.
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to serve our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We envision a community where people with disabilities are more broadly valued, hired by employers, receiving support, and participating in ordinary activities.
Take this opportunity to enrich your life now: As a Home Health Aide at Lifeworks, you will be a direct support professional (DSP) supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a residential program. You will be working in a beautiful home in one of the suburban towns south of Boston or the Natick area and receive a signing bonus shortly after joining our team (3 months probation period).
As a Home Health Aide, you will provide assistance and coverage for staff in the area of direct-care to individuals. Also, protect and enhance the rights of individuals in the program. Comply with all principles of Human Rights, D.P.P.C. and Department of Developmental Services, and the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission regulations as adhered to by Lifeworks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes optimal health for individuals through routine, preventive, and emergency health care.
- Maintains regular communication with individuals and team members.
- Maintains confidentiality and professional demeanor with regards to all individuals and staff members.
- Provides companionship and personalized care while encouraging independence and self-care.
- Assist individuals with activities of daily living, including dressing, bathing, grooming, toileting, and eating.
- Provide mobility and transfer assistance, which may include using mechanical lift devices.
- Prepare meals and snacks. May include grocery shopping.
- Perform a variety of housekeeping activities including sweeping, mopping, laundry, and linen changes.
- Assist with incontinence care.
- Assist with transportation needs.
- Attends regular staff meetings as necessary.
- Other duties and/or assignments to work/program locations based on the needs of the company.
Substitute Teacher/Counselor (Direct Care) Requirements:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Personal Vehicle
- Valid Drivers License (in State of residency) required
Please feel free to contact or recruiter:
Dorothy Scott, MPA
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $16.93 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com