Our mission is empowering people with disabilities, including autism, through education, jobs and homes
If you are an adaptable, creative and caring person who enjoys working as part of a team helping individuals live as independently as safely possible in their community, while planning and engaging in some fun and rewarding activities along the way, then we’d like to talk with you about joining a team of dedicated professional who do just that.
As a Registered Nurse here at Lifeworks , you will ensure the health and safety of individuals by assessing individuals for specific nursing needs. Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care to individuals in home settings, performing the following duties. Protects and enhances the rights of individuals in program. Complies with all principles of Human Rights, D.P.P.C., and Department of Developmental Services and the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission regulations as adhered to by Lifeworks.
- Will provide supervision, consultation, direction and training to the LPN.
- Will provide preventative health maintenance (blood pressure check, monitoring weight, health and education) and treat any daily health care problems (including first aid and emergency problems).
- Will provide educational training, counseling and physical assistance when necessary to achieve ISP goals, and provides regular in-service training.
- Act as an agency wide resource person to program staff, individuals, families, and care providers regarding health issues and concerns.
- Maintain individual records related to medical and health progress, difficulties, and changes. Audits medications agency wide.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and MAP regulations.
Lifeworks provides a competitive salary for Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse Job Requirements:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school.
- RN Registration.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Personal Vehicle
- Valid driver’s license (in State of residency) required.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Job Type: Part-time
Schedule: Flexible schedule 20 hours per week
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com