Job Title: Direct Care – Teacher/Counselor
Hours: 56 hours per week
Days: Thursday (2 pm – 9 am) Friday (2 pm – 8pm) Saturday (8 am – 9 am) Sunday (9 am – 3 pm)
Yearly rate: $46, 725.00
Locations: Natick, MA
Job ID#: 602
Who We Are?
Since 1965, Lifeworks Services Inc. has been a champion for inclusion. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives.
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to serve our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We envision a community where people with disabilities are more broadly valued, hired by employers, receiving support, and participating in ordinary activities.
As a Teacher/ Counselor atLifeworks, Inc you will be a direct support professional (DSP) supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a residential program. You will be working in a beautiful home in the suburban town of Westwood, MA, and receive a signing bonus shortly after joining our team.
If you are an adaptable, creative and caring person who enjoys working as part of a team helping individuals live as independently and safely as possible in their community, while planning and engaging in some fun and rewarding activities along the way, then we’d like to talk with you about joining a team of Teacher Counselors who are dedicated Direct Support Professionals (DSP).
In your role as a Teacher/Counselor, you and your team will work together with the people we serve to develop their independence skills thereby increasing each person’s quality of life, provide case management, teaching skills to enhance their abilities, and provide advocacy on their behalf, as well as, build and strengthen their lives.
Teacher/Counselor (Direct Support Professional) benefits package that includes:
- Excellent Salary with a $46,725 annually dependent on position and a Signing Bonus for joining our team
- Superior Benefits including excellent health with 75% company contribution, 503-B company match, Dental, Free Long-Term Disability, 1x Life Insurance, and potential Federal loan forgiveness (PSLF)
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off, 11 Paid Holidays
- Great career progression opportunities
- Benefits are available on Day One of Employment
- An excellent training program to enhance and support your ability to succeed
Teacher/Counselor position requirements:
- BA/BS, Human Service or related field, with the ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license & personal vehicle required
- An interest in enhancing the lives of the people we support each and every day
For a full list of job opportunities or to learn more about Lifeworks, please visit www.lifeworksarc.org
Upon offer of employment, the employer will provide COVID-19 testing. The candidate must have a negative test result prior to starting employment.
Employees of Lifeworks are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination.
Contact our recruiter for more information:
Dorothy Scott, MPA
789 Clapboardtree Street
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com