Website Lifeworks, Inc
Job Title: Direct Personal Care – Teacher/Counselor Position
(Working with intellectual and developmental disability adults)
- Must have a Driver’s License and a Vehicle
- A copy of a Covid-19 vaccination of two shots will be required
Hours & Shifts:
Job# 545 – 56-hour shift – (Two overnights required)
Yearly Income: $55,012
- Sun (9am-5pm), Thurs (2pm-9am/Overnight), Fri (2pm-10pm), Sat (12pm-9am)
Job# 546 – 40-hour shift -* (Two overnights required)
Yearly Income: $43,148
- Sun (12pm-10pm), Mon (12pm-8pm), Tues (2pm-10pm), Sat (8am-10pm)
Locations: Norwood, MA
Job#: 545 (56-hrs Shift), 546 (40-hrs. Shift)
Bradford – Program
Who We Are?
Lifeworks has been a champion for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1954. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
If you want a position in which the work that you do every day makes a meaningful impact in the lives of many, then this is the agency for you!! As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives.
Advocacy – Empowerment – Opportunity
We focus on serving the community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We envision a community where people with disabilities are more broadly valued, hired by employers, receive support, and participate in ordinary activities.
SUMMARY: Residential program serving adults with developmental disabilities
As a Teacher/ Counselor at Lifeworks, Inc you will be a direct support professional (DSP) supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a residential program. You will be working in a beautiful home in the suburban town of Norwood, MA, and receive a signing bonus shortly after joining our team.
In your role as a Teacher/Counselor, you and your team will work together with the people we serve to develop their independence skills thereby increasing each person’s quality of life, providing case management, teaching skills to enhance their abilities, and providing advocacy on their behalf, as well as, build and strengthen their lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes optimal health for individuals through routine, preventive, and emergency health care.
- Responsible for assisting with all hands-on direct care which includes: showering, toileting, shaving, brushing teeth, meal-time assistance (some one-on-one assistance with eating during mealtime)
- Ensures that residential environments are safe, secure and where individuals are free from harm.
- Provide education training, counseling, and physical assistance when necessary to achieve ISP goals in the following areas: functional academics, domestic skills health and personal hygiene, social and leisure skills, communication skills, community mobility, self-esteem, money management.
- Develop, write and present annual ISPs and semi-annual assessments in consultation with other residential staff and directors.
- Provides transportation to individuals as necessary
- Communicate with persons significant to the individual served (i.e. family, friends, guardians, funding sources, advocates, volunteers, employers) to facilitate consistency of programming and support.
- Performs case management duties including, maintenance of individual confidential files, ensuring cases are reviewed, documentation of activities, and training. Attends regular meetings as necessary
Benefits package that includes:
- 403(B) matching up to 3%
- Excellent Salary
- $1,000 signing bonus, payable after 3 months
- Health Insurance with 3 plan choices and a 75% employer contribution. Benefits available upon hire
- Dental, Vision and Short-Term disability insurance is available
- 4.4 weeks of Paid Time Off in your first year of employment
- Long-Term Disability insurance & Life Insurance free for employees
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
Teacher/Counselor position requirements:
- BA/BS in Human Services / related field or substitute 10 years of related experience with persons with ID/ DD or human services.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license & personal vehicle required
- An interest in enhancing the lives of the people we support each and every day
For a full list of job opportunities or to learn more about Lifeworks, please visit www.lifeworksarc.org
Contact our recruiter for more information:
Dorothy Scott, MPA
789 Clapboardtree Street
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com