Job Title: Direct Care – Teacher/Counselor
Number of openings: Two
Hours: 56-hours shift & a 40-hours shift per week
Yearly rate: $50, 020.00 – (56-hour shift) & $40, 028 – (40-hour shift)
Locations: Natick, MA
Job ID#: 289 (56-hours), 580 (40-hours)
Who We Are?
Lifeworks has been a champion for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1954. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
If you want a position in which the work that you do every day makes a meaningful impact in the lives of many, then this is the agency for you!! As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives.
Mission & Vision (Advocacy, Empowerment, and Opportunity)
Our mission is to serve our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We envision a community where people with disabilities are more broadly valued, hired by employers, receiving support, and participating in ordinary activities.
As a Teacher/ Counselor atLifeworks, Inc you will be a direct support professional (DSP) supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a residential program. You will be working in a beautiful home in the suburban town of Natick, MA, and receive a signing bonus shortly after joining our team.
Job Responsibilities: (Case Management duties) & (Direct Care Work)
- Tracking and recording ISP data
- Writing Monthly progress notes
- Attending ISP meetings
- Completing ISP assessments
- Assisting with appointments and all follow-up
- Serving as contact for other providers (Guardians, Day Program staff, ect.)
- Cooking, assist with feeding, ect.
- Hands on support with toileting
- Changing briefs, colostomy bag if needed!
Excellent Benefit packet:
- 403(B) matching up to 3%
- Excellent Salary
- $1,000 signing bonus, payable after 3 months
- Health Insurance with 3 plan choices and a 75% employer contribution. Benefits available upon hire
- Dental, Vision, and Short-Term disability insurance is available
- 4.4 weeks of Paid Time Off in your first year of employment
- Long-Term Disability insurance & Life Insurance free for employees
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Need to reduce your student loan debt? Lifeworks, Inc. is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, which means that you may be able to have a portion of your federal student loans forgiven after meeting certain eligibility requirements of the PSLF program.
Teacher/Counselor position requirements:
- BA/BS, Human Service or related field, with the ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license & personal vehicle required
- An interest in enhancing the lives of the people we support each and every day
For a full list of job opportunities or to learn more about Lifeworks, please visit www.lifeworksarc.org
Contact our recruiter for more information:
Dorothy Scott, MPA
789 Clapboardtree Street
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com