Website Lifeworks, Inc
Job Title: Direct Care – Teacher/Counselor
- A copy of a Covid-19 vaccination of two shots will be required
Number of openings: 1
(Teacher/Counselor: 56-hours shift / Two Overnight Stays)
The first 40-hours are paid at the regular hourly rate of $ 16.53 and the remaining 16-hours which is the two sleep overnights are paid at $24.80 = Total working hours 56
Work Schedule: 56-hours / Job# 289
Wed: (2 pm – 9 am / Overnight)
Thurs: (2 pm – 9 pm)
Fri: (2 pm – 9 am / Overnight)
Sat: (9 am – 8 pm)
Locations: Natick, MA
Job ID#: 289 (T/C: 56-hour Shift)
G.M – Lane Program
Who We Are?
Lifeworks has been a champion for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1954. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
If you want a position in which the work that you do every day makes a meaningful impact in the lives of many, then this is the agency for you!!
As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives.
Advocacy – Empowerment – Opportunity
We focus on serving the community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We envision a community where people with disabilities are more broadly valued, hired by employers, receive support, and participate in ordinary activities.
As a Teacher/ Counselor atLifeworks, Inc you will be a direct support professional (DSP) supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a residential program. You will be working in a beautiful home in the suburban town of Westwood, MA, and receive a signing bonus shortly after joining our team.
Job Responsibilities: (Case Management duties) & (Direct Care Work)
- Tracking and recording ISP data
- Writing Monthly progress notes
- Attending ISP meetings
- Completing ISP assessments
- Assisting with appointments and all follow-up
- Serving as a contact for other providers (Guardians, Day Program staff, etc.)
- Cooking, assisting with feeding, etc.
- Hands-on support with toileting
- Changing briefs, colostomy bag if needed!
Benefits package that includes:
- 403(B) matching up to 3%
- Excellent Salary
- $1,000 signing bonus, payable after 3 months
- Health Insurance with 3 plan choices and a 75% employer contribution. Benefits available upon hire
- Dental, Vision and Short-Term disability insurance is available
- 4.4 weeks of Paid Time Off in your first year of employment
- Long-Term Disability insurance & Life Insurance free for employees
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- 11 paid holidays
- Need to reduce your student loan debt? Lifeworks, Inc. is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, which means that you may be able to have a portion of your federal student loans forgiven after meeting certain eligibility requirements of the PSLF program.
Teacher/Counselor position requirements:
- BA/BS in Human Services / related field or substitute 10 years of related experience with persons with ID/ DD or human services.
- Effective oral and written communication skills – please note that as a part of the interview process, all candidates will be completing a 1-page writing sample.
- Valid driver’s license & personal vehicle required
- An interest in enhancing the lives of the people we support each and every day
For a full list of job opportunities or to learn more about Lifeworks, please visit www.lifeworksarc.org
Contact our recruiter for more information:
Dorothy Scott, MPA
789 Clapboardtree Street
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org