56 HR – RESIDENTIAL TEACHER/COUNSELOR (Direct Care)
THIS IS A 56 HOUR PER WEEK POSITION – 40 regular hours, and 16 additional overtime hours built in.
Our mission is empowering people with disabilities, including autism, through education, jobs and homes
If you are an adaptable, creative and caring person who enjoys working as part of a team helping individuals live as independently as safely possible in their community, while planning and engaging in some fun and rewarding activities along the way, then we’d like to talk with you about joining a team of Teacher Counselors who are dedicated professionals.
As a Residential Teacher/Counselor here at Lifeworks , you will provide direct support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a residential program. In your role as a Residential Teacher/Counselor you and your team will work together with the people we serve to develop their independence skills thereby increasing each person’s quality of life. As a member of our staff the Residential Teacher/Counselor will have the opportunity to build and strengthen individuals’ connection to their community by providing support and companionship on outings such as shopping, movie theaters, community social events, museums, athletic events and doctor’s appointments.
In addition, Residential Teacher/Counselor’s will routinely contribute to the individuals’ wellness, safety and home life by implementing treatment plans, and assisting individuals with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking.
Lifeworks provides a competitive salary, and an outstanding benefits package on day one of employment !!!
Residential Teacher/Counselor (Direct Care) benefits package includes:
- 75% paid health benefit
- Dental Plan by Delta Dental
- A Dollar for Dollar matching 403(b) retirement plan, up to 3% of your base pay
- A Company paid LTD and life insurance package
- 4.4 weeks of earned time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Need to reduce your student loan debt? Lifeworks, Inc. is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)program, which means that you may be able to have a portion of your federal student loans forgiven after meeting certain eligibility requirements of the PSLF program.
Residential Teacher/Counselor (Direct Care) Job Requirements:
- BA/BS, Human Service or related field.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Personal Vehicle
- Valid driver’s license (in State of residency) required.
- Ability to successfully complete and certified in Lifeworks provided training in:
- First Aid
- Medication Administration Certification
All Teacher Counselor candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Keywords: human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, community. mental health, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, ABI, care provider, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, home health aide, HHA, psychology, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, rehabilitative, outreach services.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,711 to $46,894 Annual
Location/s: Attleboro, Canton, Natick, Norwood, Sharon, Westwood and Wrentham
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com