Abel Therapeutic Center
Our Adult Day Services Programs offer individually tailored services for a diverse group of adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our community includes persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, and sensory and mobility impairments. email@example.com
Lifeworks Guiding Principles
- Build collaborative partnerships with families, friends, and communities
- Ensure a continuum of person-centered supports and choices
- Advocate for the protection of human and civil rights
- Develop and retain exceptional, supportive staff
- Provide visionary leadership that is actively engaged in defining future standards of supports
- Sustain sound stewardship to advance mission, financial, and organizational integrity
- Formal exercise and walking groups
- Volunteer opportunities including Meals on Wheels
- Cardiovascular Fitness, including a Wii fitness program
- Fully accessible garden with a meditation fountain
- Sensory room
- Skill development to stimulate and encourage the growth of each individual
- Gardening program
- Nutrition Education
- Meal preparation in a large, accessible, fully-equipped kitchen
- Technology use and training
- Artistic Expression
- Music Appreciation
- Weekly community volunteer programs
- Recreational outings
- Inclusive community programs
- Grocery shopping
- Exploration and enjoyment of our local and surrounding communities
- Beautiful locations; William F. Abel Therapeutic Center is just 15 minutes to Boston, located in bustling suburbs southwest of Boston in a beautiful learning environment. Senior Connections Program is located in a store-front, open and airy location in downtown West Roxbury.
Our program provides a full range of medical and therapeutic programs including a highly trained nursing staff, a physical therapy program, speech therapy, occupational therapy and a behaviorist to provide behavioral therapy and supports. An essential part of our program is integrating therapeutic supports into the daily programs of each individual we serve.
How can I inquire about the William F. Abel Center and the Senior Connections Program?
This is the easy part. Just call our center and ask for our Director/Associate Director. We can schedule a formal tour or just an informal visit. During this visit you can take a tour and meet our staff while learning more about the programs. Come and experience the joy and community of the William F. Abel Center and the Senior Connections Program!
The Arc of South Norfolk is accredited by CARF. A CARF accreditation signals a service provider’s commitment to continually improving services, encouraging feedback and serving the community.
Lifeworks provides support to more than 900 families through our Autism Support Center. The family Autism Support Center at Lifeworks helps individuals and families navigate available autism-related services, provides workshops and caregiver training, training for self-advocates, and offers enriching social and recreational activities. firstname.lastname@example.org Autism Support Center: Primarily Serving Families...Learn More
The Adult Autism Support Center provides Information and Referral; Workshops and Training; Social and Recreational Opportunities; Networking; Support; Mentoring Opportunities; and, Flexible Funding Administration for Adults with ASD (no-ID). Click here for more Adult Support Center Information and Service Area. •Information & Referral: We help individuals & families navigate...Learn More