ALEC First Responder Training
ALEC (Autism & Law Enforcement Education Coalition) is a First Responder Autism Training targeted to equip First Responders with the knowledge and strategies to best serve individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders in a crisis situation.
LIFEWORKS GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Build collaborative partnerships with families, friends, and communities
- Ensure a continuum of person-centered supports and choices
- Advocate for the protection of human and civil rights
- Develop and retain exceptional, supportive staff
- Provide visionary leadership that is actively engaged in defining future standards of supports
- Sustain sound stewardship to advance mission, financial, and organizational integrity
In 2018, the ALEC program was chosen by The Arc Tank for a grant-and, was selected as “crowd favorite” through audience participation. Since then ALEC has provided training to First Responders throughout New England with support of The Arc Tank grant. Please see the most recent article in Warwick, Rhode Island on our partnership with The Arc Tank.
The Arc of South Norfolk’s Family Autism Center is pleased to announce it has recently received a grant from Bailey’s Team for Autism in support of our ALEC Program! Bailey’s Team for Autism is a regional funding source for organizations that support individuals living with autism spectrum disorders and their families, with a focus on research, education and programming. To Learn more about Bailey’s Team click here.
Our Adult Day Services Programs offer individually tailored services for a diverse group of adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our community includes persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, sensory and mobility impairments. email@example.comLearn More