Employment Training & Support
Lifeworks has successfully placed 100s of individuals in community-based employment with an exceptional retention rate of over 85%. Lifeworks provides ongoing job training and placement services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities including Autism living in greater Boston and suburbs.
We offer a variety of assessment and vocational training services at our Norwood and West Roxbury Training & Fulfillment Centers. Career and work goals are based on the interests, goals, skills and abilities of each individual.
Our full-time Job Development Manager is responsible for working closely with each individual to develop an appropriate job search and placement process.
LIFEWORKS GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Build collaborative partnerships with families, friends, and communities
- Ensure a continuum of person-centered supports and choices
- Advocate for the protection of human and civil rights
- Develop and retain exceptional, supportive staff
- Provide visionary leadership that is actively engaged in defining future standards of supports
- Sustain sound stewardship to advance mission, financial, and organizational integrity
- Competitive employment in the community
- Group employment and mobile work crews
- Paid contract work in our Employment and Training Centers
- A combination of any of the above
Several times a year we feature a 9-week “World of Work” (W.O.W.) Training program.
The W.O.W. program helps participants identify their skills, translate talents and hobbies into jobs and develop self-confidence. These ‘soft skills’ are necessary for anyone, but especially someone with a developmental disability, to successfully transition from school or a workshop setting to community-based employment. To see the complete curriculum for the World of Work Training program please click here.
Lifeworks accepts requests for its employment programs from a variety of sources, including:
- The Department of Development Services (DDS)
- The Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC)
- Individuals being served, their families or other agencies who may represent the individual
When a referral is accepted for consideration, we invite you to spend two weeks at one of our Training & Fulfillment Centers. All requests for employment services should be sent to one of our program Directors:
- Mary Ellen Cameron, Norwood, MA 781-769-3298 x1206
- Kevin Smith, Boston, MA 617-323-7400 x243
- Email: email@example.com
Our Adult Day Services Programs offer individually tailored services for a diverse group of adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our community includes persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, and sensory and mobility impairments. firstname.lastname@example.orgLearn More
Lifeworks provides support to more than 900 families through our Autism Support Center. The family Autism Support Center at Lifeworks helps individuals and families navigate available autism-related services, provides workshops and caregiver training, training for self-advocates, and offers enriching social and recreational activities. email@example.com Autism Support Center: Primarily Serving Families...Learn More
The Adult Autism Support Center provides Information and Referral; Workshops and Training; Social and Recreational Opportunities; Networking; Support; Mentoring Opportunities; and, Flexible Funding Administration for Adults with ASD (no-ID). Click here for more Adult Support Center Information and Service Area. •Information & Referral: We help individuals & families navigate...Learn More