A supported living arrangement that provides the individual with a sense of belonging to a family and sharing a home and life’s experiences.
Do you want to make a major difference in someone’s life?
Are you a responsible person who can help someone make choices in his or her own best interest?
Are you open-minded, accepting of differences, and creative?
Do you believe in emphasizing ability over disability?
LIFEWORKS GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Build collaborative partnerships with families, friends, and communities
- Ensure a continuum of person-centered supports and choices
- Advocate for the protection of human and civil rights
- Develop and retain exceptional, supportive staff
- Provide visionary leadership that is actively engaged in defining future standards of supports
- Sustain sound stewardship to advance mission, financial, and organizational integrity
- Minimum age for being a Caregiver is 21.
- Caregivers can be individuals, couples or a family unit.
- Home must have an available bedroom (that meets the needs of the individual).
- Caregivers must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Certified in CPR & First Aid (training will be provided)
- Must pass a CORI /National background check.
- Please Note: Caregivers cannot be employees of Lifeworks.
- That of a teacher, mentor and friend
- To provide a safe and comfortable home environment
- To provide support to an adult with a developmental disability
- To assist with meal preparation
- Assist with proper hygiene skills
- Medication Administration
- Arranging and transporting to medical appointments
- Socialization and Community involvement
- Offer support and make ongoing training available
- Offer Caregivers direct access to a nurse and/or consultation services as needed
- Assist with arranging for Respite services when needed
- Caregivers will receive a tax free stipend in exchange for their support and companionship
Our Adult Day Services Programs offer individually tailored services for a diverse group of adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our community includes persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, sensory and mobility impairments. email@example.comLearn More