Family Autism Center and Family Support offer a variety of Support Groups for family members of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other related developmental disabilities.
LIFEWORKS GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Build collaborative partnerships with families, friends, and communities
- Ensure a continuum of person-centered supports and choices
- Advocate for the protection of human and civil rights
- Develop and retain exceptional, supportive staff
- Provide visionary leadership that is actively engaged in defining future standards of supports
- Sustain sound stewardship to advance mission, financial, and organizational integrity
Providing support and promoting self advocacy at work, home and in the community. Assistance with entitlements and programs such as Social Security, Medicare, MassHealth, The Ride, Section 8 and local housing.
Assistance with banking including budgeting skills development and transportation.
Setting and achieving individual goals such as community mobility and involvement, voting, personal well-being and learning new skills such reading, cooking, shopping, computer skills, and personal care.
Coordinating medical care including transportation, support with follow-up care, supervision of prescriptions, assistance with and administration of medications, advocacy and assistance with general wellness (diet, exercise, etc.). Shopping: Assistance with life-enhancing purchases such as grocery and personal shopping including transportation. Social Activities: promoting civic engagement, planning and participating in social activities such as sports and sporting events, movies, dances, travel and dining out.
Researching, booking and confirming travel arrangements with various special-needs travel agencies.
Our Adult Day Services Programs offer individually tailored services for a diverse group of adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our community includes persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, sensory and mobility impairments. firstname.lastname@example.orgLearn More